Looking for a Cloud engineer to join the development and maintenance organization for sites and applications in the Online Sales and Marketing division. of one of our clients.
You will join our client's "DevOps team", in the aforesaid department comprising of a Scrum Master and few other Cloud and CI/CD Engineers.
This IT-department of the Client has a strong drive to and clear strategy on moving to cloud, and this team is therefore critical to that journey. This team will also help other development teams at the client site by supporting their onboarding and migration to cloud. Choosing products, tooling, flows, and setting up the basics for the teams to finalize and maintain.
Moving to cloud often involves changes to ways of working, so you will be working in collaboration with Dev teams and Operations. Sometimes, as part of this team you will be required to work with adapt cloud native methodologies as full DevOps and sometimes your role will be to assist / participate in a lift-and-shift mode.
It is therefore important that you have prior experience from similar roles and working with at least one Cloud provider, preferably Azure. Also, that you know the principles and practicalities of setting up CI/CD pipelines, in cloud or on-premises.
Your primary work tasks will be:
1. Work in close collaboration with other teams in the Online Sales division.
2. Onboard new systems / applications to Cloud.
3. Improve our deployment methods to the Cloud, including CI/CD.
4. Understanding service concepts in the Cloud.
5. Working with infrastructure as code.
6. Working alongside the development teams to ship new features / solutions as smooth as possible
7. Take part in evaluating and recommending new tools, software, or practices that contribute to overall improvements.
8. Be an ambassador of the client's Cloud Journey.
1. Cloud platforms
3. Continuous integration and delivery
• Azure DevOps
• Scripting e.g. PowerShell/NodeJS/Bash
• You have the ability to communicate about problems and solutions
• You enjoy working in team, but are also able to work independently within the framework of a project / management situation
Duration: 9 months, possibility to extend
Working language: English
Please, apply directly through our system with
- your updated CV (specifically in the following CV template, or the application stands risk of being outrightly rejected)
SmartGeeks CV Template
- name and telephone number to 2 reference persons
- Motivation Letter describing why you are suitable for this assignment - refer to earlier assignments, employments, education and personal qualities