For our client we are looking for a Java Developer.
With our client, you will take a key role in an agile team, striving for adopting DevOps manners. The team consists of around 20 team members with different background and experiences.
Kola is one of the core applications used within the Product development. The Kola delivery has started a journey to modernize our clients solution, moving from Cobol/Mainframe to Java/OpenShift. With the modernization, new opportunities will open up for the clients Java developers. The transition will take several years and they are looking for a long term assignment, with interest from you to continuously learn new technologies as well as about Kola - which is a complex solution.
Your responsibilities include:
· Proactively drive enhancements and maintenance activities needed for our clients solution.
· Breakdown and analyze the requirements to time and cost estimations for development
· Develop and deliver the GUI and server part of the KOLA application (JAVA swing).
· Involve the team in your work to secure a smooth delivery (eliminate or at least minimize hand-over)
· Support incident resolutions and problem investigations (root cause analysis)
· Continuously reflect upon how things are done and where they can improve. Technology-wise as well as in way-of-working